Dear Katie Beth,
You are SO cute, we can hardly take it.
You've become quite the social butterfly this month, craning your neck towards the action - TV, daddy's voice, Ben's squeals...whatever is going on, sleeping or eating cannot compete. And then you smile and laugh, like you are just part of the party.
This month has been lots of laughing at funny noises we make for just that purpose, trying really hard to sit up, finding your feet and learning the ability to grab any- and everything that crosses your path...usually to shove it straight to your mouth.
I'm trying really hard to get you on a regular sleep and nap schedule.
Up until now, you've just gone with the flow during the day, bending to Ben's and my social calendars. But it's high time to make your quality sleep a priority, don't you think?! Ben was a "Babywise" baby, so I tried that with you too, but you never really took to the philosophy. So now we are trying "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child". For the last month or so, you wake at 4 a.m. to feed, with a couple of sporadic nights of multiple wakings mixed in just for fun. I'm hoping to make the rare sleep-through-the-night incidents more of the norm here soon.
I don't always see a big resemblance between you and Ben, but it's evident when you sleep and that jaw drops. I think I have this exact picture of Ben on my shoulder that I need to find to compare.
What's that about sleep props?! You can see we're all about that here in the Prentice house - Ben with his thumb and lovey and you with your paci and now the lovey that I learned knocks you right out!
You have mastered the art of rolling back to front and also front to back - if I'm not watching, you will roll yourself right off this mat and into the hockey net!
And you've also gotten good at the tripod sit. It's not steady, doesn't look comfortable and collapses easily...but it's progress!


(rocking your Minnie Mouse t-shirt and ears from Grandma's trip to Orlando)
You are eating about 6 times a day, wearing size 2 diapers and 3 - 6 month clothes. Several ladies have commented that you're petite, but your stats last month put you at average, so I think it's just your feminine features they're noticing.

3 comments:
Happy 5 months sweet baby girl! It's so much fun to watch as you come to life and develop your own personality! Grandma has not quite mastered the art of swaddling you in that straight-jacket! Your momma does a fine job though!
She just keeps getting cuter with each month. Geez!! Can't wait to see her again.
She does look just like Ben in that picture! Looks just like you in all the other ones though. :)
Good to get updated on KB, especially since she snoozed through our last Skype section. Happy five months Katie Beth!
Post a Comment