Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Playground Blitz

I think I speak for everyone when I say, we're all going a bit stircrazy in our houses and are ready for some consistently warmer and prettier weather.

Case in point, when the sun came out and the temps crept up, the Prentice family hit up not one, not two, but three different playgrounds in the last 24 hours. The first time was after Tyler surprised us by getting home at 4:20 in the afternoon yesterday - we woke the kids up from naps and hightailed it to the park. In all the excitement, I forgot the camera. But trust me, it was a really pretty out and great way to spend an evening together.

Then the kids and I made a detour from our way to the aquarium this morning to soak up more sunshine instead.

Katie Beth is a girl on the go at the playground now - hard to monitor on the equipment and crazy hard to stop from eating mulch, or rocks, or whatever the playground ground is made of.

So finally we parked it on a blanket and she just munched away (on Puffs).
While we were sitting there in the sun eating our sandwiches, I told Ben how sad I would get when I used to be at work on days like this and he was at daycare. And how I wished that I could take him to the park and enjoy the beautiful day. And how happy I am that I can do that now. I assumed that he would respond with his over-emphasized "ohhh" that he says when he's pretending to understand. But instead, his eyes got big, he smiled, and he said "I loves you Mom" and leaned over to hug my neck. I might have cried a little.

Later, I woke them again from naps for a playdate with my new friend (whom I met at the food court!) and her kids at another park. They all had a big time getting dirty digging for treasure and we got to chat with someone our own height.

So, yay for getting outside and enjoying Spring! Just don't forget your Claritin.

No comments: