Sunday, February 20, 2011

Latest Ben-isms



During our hike Tyler took a bunch of pictures of Ben sitting in a tree. They turned out pretty cool, but my favorites were of just his face while we were teasing him by asking if he was Batman.
You can tell he was flattered!


I know I just did a whole post about Ben, but in the last few weeks he's been extra funny (and extra exasperating, but this is my scrapbook, and I'm focusing on the positive). Here are a few moments I can remember. Don't forget to drop your "l" and turn "t", "k", and "g" to "d" and...oh just call us and we'll have Ben re-enact it!

Randomly in car...
B: I called Miss Dawn a stinky butt.
Me: What? Who is Miss Dawn?
B: She's really tall (reaches hands high) and has a big bottom (stretches hands wide)...so I call her a stinky butt (giggles).
Me: (commence lecture about name calling while trying to keep a straight face)

Ben's Toy Story 3 remake cast...
Ben: Buzz Lightyear
Katie Beth: Jessie
Zoe: Woody
Me: Barbie (what? I just made a small suggestion)
Tyler: Ken!
Grandma: Slinky
Grandpa: the piggy (sorry Dad)
At that point, he ran out of characters and started to assign barn animals to the rest of the family members.

Choosing which story to read from his toddler Bible:
B: I no want to read that story (Adam and Eve)
Me: Why not?
B: Because people don't live in gardens.
(flipping pages)
B: I want to read about brave queen Esther. (looking at picture) She's so sad.
Me: Why do you think she's sad?
B: She wants her mommy. (pause) She lost all of her toys.
(I give him his other Bible)
B: No, I don't want to read that Bible. Jesus' beard is short.
Me: So you like the other Bible because Jesus has a longer beard?
B: Yes.

After complaining that my shoes were hurting my feet one day after church, Ben made a major protest the next time I put them on. "Noooo! Those hurt your feet!"

He's very observant of our clothes (and complimentary):
"Oh Grandma, you look so nice."
"Oh Mommy, your shoes match your shirt!"
"I'm wearing jeams just like Daddy!" (the "m" is not a typo)
"Oh Mommy, I like your Christmas shirt" (it was a brick red and ivory striped top)

When I called Tyler "honey" this morning:
B: Honey? (scrunching up his nose) Did you call Daddy honey?
Me: (embarrassed) Yes, I call him that sometimes.
B: (laughing) Honey is for bees!

More to come as that imagination just continues to grow. Speaking of that, I should go see what all those loud thuds and constant babbling are about while he's supposed to be napping...

3 comments:

The Hoppers said...

Stinky butt totally made me laugh! Where do they get this stuff? Lawson once saw a lady in wal-mart with these twisty things on her head and said, "look mom, she has horns!" and she heard him. Awesome! I was mortified! Also, i have my muscle shirts washed for the summer (make that the boys' muscle shirts. Not mine.) I am going to do a post just for you about muscle shirts!:)

Cathy C said...

When I was reading the story of the loaves and fishes I said "Wouldn't you love to share your lunch with Jesus?" Ben said "Yes but Jesus isn't at my house!"

The Carlson's said...

Stacey,
Ben is hilarious-what a little crack up. Great chatting with you last week at Dolly's wedding.