Friday, July 2, 2010

Two-months old!

Dear Katie Beth,
The realization that you are no longer a newborn hit me the other day as I passed a lady pushing a stroller with a baby about half your size in it. Turns out she was four weeks old, and I was blown away at the difference one month makes! And I just can't remember when you got so big.

This month has certainly had its challenges as you emerged from the newborn fog and have been appalled at the thought of us ever choosing to set you down. You have a very keen sense, even in a seemlingly deep sleep, of when I lay you in your crib or car seat or swing. This resulted in a string of sleepless nights, a permanent imprint of the baby carrier on my shoulders, and a daily dose of Advil.

And also some belly sleep, which you love, but your doctor disapproves of. But look how peaceful you are!
Speaking of butts...
yours is the cutest!

As are all your rolls.
This was your first time in your big baby tub, and I think I might've waited a little too long!

We've been doing three-hour feeding cycles this month which has helped make our days more predictable. Our nights, however, are anything but! Crossing my fingers that the 7 - 8 hour stretches you've gone this week will become routine, but I continue to be surprised when I wake up and realize I haven't seen you all night!

You were on your best behavior at your two-month appointment and must have wanted to make a good impression with your new doctor. She now thinks you are very smart, because look what you did for the very first time right before our eyes!

So proud of my rolly polly! Also at this appointment we learned that you weigh 11 lbs, 6 oz and are 23 inches long. (I think...is 5 inches too much to grow in two months?!) You're going to have an ultrasound next Thursday to make sure your hips developed correctly since you were breech. (sigh, if only you'd listened to your mother and turned when I asked you to) And the tests for allergies came back negative, which means I can put dairy back in my diet, and you've had to add reflux medicine to yours. Which you hate. But I am so hoping it helps you keep more food down. And off of us, the couch, the floor, etc.!

We've been so busy around here, I don't often get to sit around and just stare at you the way I could with Ben. But when I do, I just love to soak you in! We have even squeezed in a few photo shoots, and you were particularly happy here to show off your new smile.

Love seeing my girl happy! Of course, I love you when you're mad/sad/hurting too - just wish I could do something to make it all better. People keep saying that three months is a magic number, so hang in there sweetheart - we just might be in the home stretch!

love,
mommy

5 comments:

Angela said...

So precious! Can't believe it's already been two months! And in two more months I'll be right there with ya with a newborn and a 2 yr old.

Wanted to let you know that I'm passing along The Cherry On Top Award to you! Your blog is always so refreshing and inspiring...just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your beautiful work and writing.

You can pick up the award to post on your blog if you like at my blog: HealthNutForLife[dot]org

Have a great holiday!

The Carlson's said...

Way to go little Katie Beth- such a big 2 month old. Love the smiles, rolls and butts! As always- love reading your blog.Doing a good job Stacy on juggling two. Hang in there and happy fourth!

Ryan and Jenny said...

Such a big, happy girl! Sounds like she is doing great.

Jess Isle said...

Update please! It's been a week you know. I just don't know WHAT you do with your time... :)

ShellBelle said...

Hi Stacey,
These are the best pictures I have ever seen. The one of her cute little butt is just the most precious photo I have ever seen. It made me tear up!

Love you guys!!

-Shelly