Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Now vhat?"

Sounds like we're raising a little Transylvanian, I know, but it's a phrase I hear a lot during the day from Ben. Probably because a lot of times our days look like this...

He's gotten pretty good at entertaining himself, although sometimes his methods are questionable...
Playing his piano along with Elmo on TV
(he's also started to enjoy picking out is own clothes...)

(why yes, those boots do go with everything, Ben!)

But he definitely enjoys the chance to get out and about!
"I doe fass!"

We've spent some time playground shopping in our area lately. Apparently, Ben is a park connoisseur and has yet to find his perfect match! But he's managed to at least have marginal fun at the ones we've discovered so far, and I think Daddy could help seal the deal once he's able to join us.

Of course he especially enjoys getting to see his friend Austin. And I enjoy getting remarkable obedience just by the mention of his name - "Ben, do you want to see Austin in three weeks? Then you have to brush your teeth." Well, maybe that's a little extreme...but it would probably still work!

Kirsten posted some cute footage of their latest playdate here - you have to see Ben breaking it down in the video, kid's got mad dance skillz. The Radnoti's have really taken care of us since we've been in Chattanooga...feeding us at least three times, not to mention Kirsten picking Ben up and taking him with them to Kids Gym so I could have a morning off during our first week here.

Ready to go!
Looks like he's heading to school more than the gym, I know. He needs some mini underarmour gear next time!
Regardless of his attire, he had a super-good time getting his jump on!
and swinging from the rafters.
Thank you Kirsten - I will pay you back this fall when your #2 arrives!

Speaking of school, Ben started a mothers' day out program yesterday at a local church. He's going twice a week, and I'm happy to get him back around kids on a regular basis. Although trying to be somewhere by 9 with two little ones has already proved challenging (especially on an empty tank of gas)!

So after a busy day of bike riding, jumping, painting, coloring, talking, talking and talking, I feel justified in answering his "now vhat?" question with a pat on the couch right next to me!

(he's also a little Boppy thief)

And, just to be thorough, here is a girl who really knows how to relax mid-day...
mid-night has been a different story this week!

2 comments:

Laura Gail said...

I'm just glad to see Dr. Prentice in that Alabama t-shirt and not some gaudy orange UT thing. I hope ya'll will continue to represent up there. :)

Ryan and Jenny said...

Ah ha! Caught you in glasses. Super cute by the way!