Saturday, July 4, 2009

Beautiful Day

Few things make me as happy as the start of a long weekend. But today, a few other factors made it even more fun:

  1. Tyler's parents' visit
  2. Bright blue sky
  3. Warm sun and cool shade
  4. A happy Ben

Our day started out with a trip to Jemison, AL, to pick blueberries and peaches. Before you ask, I'm not getting paid to say this, but I honestly felt like I was wandering around the Garden of Eden, pulling fruit straight off the branches and into our baskets during our visit to Petals of the Past nursery. It was that pretty!



After a nice lunch out, we headed back for a mid-day siesta (add that to my list at the top) and then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening out back for some bubbles, pool time and eventually steaks and cake. Ben made sure to stay hydrated throughout, with some encouragement from Nana...

And Daddy...

Wishing everyone a great Fourth tomorrow, and a beautiful day of your own!

1 comment:

Jess Isle said...

Mom and I just watched the slideshow together. Looks like so much fun! I can see berry-picking being the start of a new Prentice tradition.

Missing you here in Sonoma (but who needs it anyway?).

P.S. Mom wants to know how you kept his hat on so long.