Not a relevant picture, but the post just seems incomplete without a picture of Ben. I also don't know what the deal is with the font color and formatting. But it is waay past my betime, so it will have to stay as is. For now.
As a blogging newbie, I'm honored to have been tagged by Kelley to answer some questions that I have now spent way too much time thinking about! Here goes...
What was I doing 10 years ago?
I'd just graduated high school and moved from Nashville to Chattanooga to start a summer class at Southern Adventist University. My oh-so-helpful dad had also set me up with a cool on-campus job in the student finance office that fortunately started right away. (no lack of sarcasm in that sentence!) But everything happens for a reason as 10 years ago this summer, I was also meeting my future husband!
5 things on my to do list today:
What was I doing 10 years ago?
I'd just graduated high school and moved from Nashville to Chattanooga to start a summer class at Southern Adventist University. My oh-so-helpful dad had also set me up with a cool on-campus job in the student finance office that fortunately started right away. (no lack of sarcasm in that sentence!) But everything happens for a reason as 10 years ago this summer, I was also meeting my future husband!
5 things on my to do list today:
- make a dreaded trip to Walmart on Lakeshore. (the black sheep of the Walmart family)
- get four hours of work done.
- make a grocery list for my family's visit this weekend.
do laundry. - mail party invitations!
5 snacks that I enjoy:
(should've asked for 5 that I don't enjoy - that would be easier)
(should've asked for 5 that I don't enjoy - that would be easier)
- trail mix - which I've had to ban, due to portion distortion
- chips and salsa
- Ritz crackers and peanut butter
- Cheese: cubed, sliced, melted, in cracker form - anything except blue!
- a toss up between fresh cut fruit, carrot sticks and chocolate chip cookies
5 things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Tithe and be happy knowing that the investment was far better spent then I could ever manage to do on my own!
- Quit my job. Don't get me wrong - it's a good job. But when would I have the time to work with all the traveling and shopping I'd be doing?! (see how I snuck two other things into this one?)
- Buy a private jet and hire a pilot so that we could see our families and friends at a moment's notice.
- Wipe out debt from struggling women's and children's organizations.
- Buy organic groceries.
5 Bad Habits:
- snacking. See previous question. I could go without full meals in lieu of just snacking...but of course, I don't!
- picking. I have a tactile obsession of attacking skin abnormalities/imperfections of my loved ones. So if I try to scrape off your blackhead, consider it a compliment!
- comparing myself to others.
- celebrity gossip. Who cares if Tom and Katie are planning for a little brother or sister for Suri? Me, that's who!\
- being late. It's always been a problem, but has only been compounded since Ben was born. If I ever tell you I'm going to try to get there early, plan on me arriving almost on time.
5 places I have lived:
- Nashville, TN (specifically the 'burbs of West Nashville, Brentwood, Hendersonville)
- Chattanooga, TN during and after college
- Bracknell, England during a semester abroad
- Birmingham, AL since 2004
- The big question! Wherever we settle down after Tyler completes his residency in 2010...
5 jobs I have had:
- Server at The Cooker and American Cafe
- Camp counselor, lifeguard and kitchen staff (gotta start somewhere!)
- Communications Technician for McKee Foods, maker of Little Debbie products
- Marketing Assistant for a billing and practice management company
- Member Services director for UAB's Campus Recreation Center
I want to know more about (you're tagged):
- Angie Davis
- Kirsten Radnoti
- Deanna Prentice
1 comment:
i have got to add you to my feed, don't know why i haven't yet! bryan just told me to read this b/c he thinks i could have written it. does that count?
Post a Comment